World Vision International in Azerbaijan
for External consultant to conduct baseline assessment for
“Community Services for the Vulnerable Families and Children” Project
World Vision International in Azerbaijan, in order to support the implementation of “The State Program of De-institutionalization and Alternative Care in the Republic of Azerbaijan (2006-2015)”, has started the implementation of new 3-years “Community Services for the Vulnerable Families and Children” Project from October 2012 in cooperation with UNICEF Office in Azerbaijan, United Aid for Azerbaijan (UAFA) and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population of the Azerbaijan Republic.
As the above project has newly started, World Vision International in Azerbaijan seeks to employ an external consultant for conducting baseline assessment of the above project in order to assess the current situation with regards to community services and specific sectors/areas the project will be working.
Duty station: Baku, Azerbaijan
Major tasks to be accomplished:
The consultant initially will be responsible for:
- Baseline report.
- Completed indicator tracking table.
The selected consultant will work for around 2 months starting from January 07, 2013 to February 28, 2013. The deadline for submission of final deliverables to World Vision International in Azerbaijan is March 05, 2013.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- Advanced university degree and/or academic background in a social areas;
- Minimum 5-10 years’ work experience in conducting baseline of projects (preferably in child care area);
- Proven very good knowledge on child care system, social trends and social reform processes in EEC and/or CIS countries (preferably in Azerbaijan);
- Ability to work with vulnerable children and families;
- Previous experience in conducting baseline of World Vision implemented project would be an asset;
- Proven very good communication skills with government, non-government and community members;
- High analytical and conceptual skills and ability;
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani (written and spoken), knowledge of Russian is preferable;
- Good knowledge of computer applications;
- Proven ability to negotiate/interact with senior level government;
- Ability to work within the international and multicultural environment.
Interested individual should send:
- a cover letter
- individual resume
- expected remuneration
- reference of previous relevant work (if applicable)
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org - subject line: “External consultant”.
All applications will be treated with confidentiality. World Vision is an equal employer.
Deadline: December 24, 2012, at 16:00 p.m.
For further information, please contact: Telman Malikzadeh, Project Coordinator,Telman_Malikzadeh@wvi.org; (+994 12) 437 31 95.