East-West Management Institute - Socio Economic Development Activity (SEDA)
Job Announcement for Advocacy Coordinator in Guba-Khachmaz
The East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) seeks a candidate in Guba for the Advocacy Coordinator position for the five-year Socio Economic Development Activity (SEDA) project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and co-financed by the Government of Azerbaijan. SEDA aims to increase citizen participation in addressing regional socio-economic development needs in Azerbaijan. The program will work to establish participatory mechanisms through which key stakeholders can identify and prioritize their social and economic needs at the regional and community levels. It will also help to address those needs through infrastructure and citizen participation projects.
This is a full-time position based in Guba and requires travel to the towns and villages in the Guba-Khachmaz region. Candidates who cannot travel need not apply. EWMI cannot pay for relocation expenses.
- Responsible for the effective and timely implementation of SEDA’s Civil Society Strengthening component in the Guba-Khachmaz region;
- Ensure engagement of civil society organizations (CSOs) in the Guba-Khachmaz region;
- Coordinate technical assistance, grant making, and networking activities in the Guba-Khachmaz region in cooperation with SEDA’s implementing partners;
- Monitor the work of SEDA grantees in the Guba-Khachmaz region;
- Liaise with appropriate government authorities to support CSOs advocacy efforts;
- Liaise with the EWMI SEDA Baku office and other stakeholders to develop and implement an advocacy strategy in line with SEDA’s objectives and work plans.
- Good knowledge of the region of Guba-Khachmaz
- Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with international programs that support civil society development and advocacy initiatives;
- Good understanding of programs that work on regional socio-economic development;
- Good understanding of civil society and community development initiatives in Azerbaijan;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and coordination skills;
- University degree in political science, social sciences, or other related fields.
- Fluent in written and oral Azerbaijani;
- Working knowledge of spoken English;
- Advanced computer skills.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for (Advocacy Coordinator- Guba) in the subject line and submit your application as soon as possible but no later than Friday, December 26, 2014.
All qualified applicants will be considered solely on the basis of merit, and salary will be commensurate to experience. Preference will be given to candidates that live in Guba. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.