“Integrated Biodiversity Management, South Caucasus” (IBiS) PN 15.2101.2-003
|Intern for Integrated Biodiversity Management, South Caucasus Program|
Dr. Patric Schlager (DV)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development-policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in partner countries. In Azerbaijan the GIZ programme “Integrated Biodiversity Management, South Caucasus” aims at a more sustainable use of biodiversity and ecosystem services. This will be achieved through several measures, including capacity development of national partners, testing instruments on local level, environmental education and public awareness campaigns.
The programme is offering a part time internship for at least 3 month with flexible working hours (not exceeding 20 hours per week), starting as soon as possible (October 2017).
The intern is responsible for
- Technical assistance for organization of different educational and public awareness events conducted by the programme
- Assisting programme initiatives and cooperate with a broad range of target groups;
- The programme will conduct GIS workshop/training on 9-13th of October
- The programme will conduct a training “Integrating Ecosystem Services into Development Planning” on 24-26th of November
- The programme will participate at Caspian Ecology Exhibition on 14-16th of November
Work in office
- Management of all incoming communication concerning the educational and public awareness events
- Responds to the emails of the applicants/company requests
- Evaluation of survey results after the trainings
- Prepares letters and invitations
- Translation of internal and external documentation
- Prepares notes for meetings
- Performs office tasks like scanning, printing, copying and etc.
Networking and cooperation
- Supports Alumni network
- Represents the programme at the workshops and exhibitions in Azerbaijan
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the programme management.
- Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Current student or recent university degree graduate
- Education or training in a relevant subject (e.g. forestry, agriculture, natural resources management) is an advantage
- Volunteering/working experience with international development cooperation is an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good Azerbaijani skills in writing and speaking, fluent English skills in writing and speaking, knowledge of Russian or German are of advantage
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
The candidates are kindly asked to send their applications by e-mail to: email@example.com
Please indicate the name of the position (Intern IBIS) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.