European Azerbaijan School
Early Learning Center Principal
Job Title: Early Learning Center Principal
Reports To: School Director
General Description of Position:
The Early Learning Center Principal shall be the administrative head of the unit of the European Azerbaijan School with duties and powers as prescribed by the job description.
To provide a challenging, effective, well-rounded international educational experience for the students from three years old to five years old at the European Azerbaijan School.
The Principal is responsible for the direction and supervision of the educational personnel who perform their respective functions within the Early Learning Center. The Principal reports to the EAS Director.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordination of the early learning center school teaching programs and activities.
- Actively promotes international educational opportunities for students to develop global leadership skills and an understanding of global issues.
- Recognizes and promotes the use of Information Technology as an essential 21st century learning tool. Effectively uses technology for efficient and effective administrative practices.
- Works with the IB - PYP Coordinator/Curriculum Coordinators as well as those for Azerbaijan language and English as a Second Language Coordinators/to ensure current innovative educational practice, relevant curriculum content and regular assessment of the educational quality.
- Develops school improvement plans with staff that align with the EAS’s long and short-term goals.
- Uses meaningful data and statistics to make informed decisions on school improvement.
- Leads a system of faculty/staff monitoring and supervision whereby all teachers receive systematic feedback on their professional performance.
- Manages the ELC school budget in conjunction with the Director.
- Assists in the process of recruiting and retaining high quality teachers for the school.
- Plans, proposes and manages staff assignments.
- Organizes programs for assistance and orientation for new teachers.
- Oversees the development of the master timetable for the ELC.
- Oversees the preparation of the Primary calendar and the up dating of all materials relevant to the ELC.
- Develops and implements the ELC school calendar in the context of the whole school calendar.
- Develops effective methods of communicating with and educating the parents of Early Years children.
- Develops effective Teacher Parent conferences and Open House evenings.
- Remains current in educational developments by maintaining professional memberships and contacts and by pursuing personal professional development.
- Works with staff to create and maintain a consistent and fair behavior management system for students.
- Supervises and approves field trips, staff development activities, assemblies, report card distribution, parent/teacher conferences, and other special events.
- Develops procedures for maintenance of permanent records.
- Attends ELC school performances, activities and events
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Serves in the Senior Management Team as an advisor to the Director. Contributes actively and creatively supports the Senior Management Team.
- Coordinates and supervises an effective ELC school management team, which includes Coordinators and Grade Level leaders.
- Works cooperatively with other administrative personnel at EAS.
- Works with the Primary principal see that there is a smooth transition between ELC and Primary programs.
- Works cooperatively and in open, clear communication with students, faculty members, and parents of EAS.
- Finds methods to help the different cultures within the school work collaboratively
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with teaching and leadership at Early Childhood level desired;
- Educational background or strong knowledge of the fundamentals of an Early Childhood program;
- Knowledge of the PYP program and how this is best adapted to the ELC;
- Strong organizational and management skills;
- Effective communication skills for both the parent and staff community;
- Ability to communicate in English and Azerbaijani;
- Personally models the characteristics of the IB Learner Profile;
- Is effective at developing teachers and their practice;
- Maintains a positive, interactive and transparent relationship with the school community.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds;
- Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Is friendly, personable and diplomatic in dealing with all members of the school community;
- Ability to work rapidly and accurately;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions;
- Is on time, punctual to meetings, knows how to manage a schedule, is organized.
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in Azerbaijani and English;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community;
- Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, etc.);
- Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by March 12th, 2018.
About European Azerbaijan School
The “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex (EAS) is a private school founded by The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) and started in September 2011. The school offers international programs such as the International Baccalaureate (IB) but also meets all requirements for the Azerbaijani national curriculum. EAS is a member of the European Council of International Schools (ECIS), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Cambridge International Examinations and is currently in the last phase of the accreditation process with the Council of International Schools (CIS).