European Azerbaijan School
IT EDUCATIONAL SERVICES COORDINATOR
Job Title: IT Educational Services Coordinator
Supervisor: School Director
Under the supervision of the School Director oversees and directs the planning, organizing, and implementation of education services for children. These services contribute to the increased social competence in children and the recognition and enhancement of parents as the primary educators of their children.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the supervisor and coordinator of the IT Education service team which includes the technological service employees as was as the digital coaches for primary and secondary schools;
- Maintains and develops a technological infrastructure capable of supporting the educational programs of the school;
- Participates as a member of the School’s Pedagogical Leadership Team regarding issues of planning, program coordination and related topics;
- Establishes yearly improvement targets which are in line with the overall school and division goals, mission and IT Educational services objectives;
- Monitors the work of the digital coaches and provides support where necessary; writes a yearly evaluation on all team members for whom he is directly responsible;
- Is responsible for seeing that the administrative software and support systems and website maintenance meets the needs of the school;
- Is in charge, in conjunction with the Director and Principals of procurement and maintenance, with creating a multi-year master technology plan for the school;
- Is in charges of creating a budget for the Educational Services department and monitoring expenditures in this sector;
- Sees that there is a IT curriculum educational plan suitable for primary and secondary schools with clear benchmarks;
- Creates, in conjunction with his team and the principals, procedures and policies for IT educational services, acceptable use policy, etc.;
- Conducts, in conjunction with his staff, regular in-services for parents in both divisions;
- Submits a yearly report on the development of the IT Education Services to the Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Technology, or a related technology/computer field from a university.
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience in working with students and educational staff in the field of educational technology, experienced in a school setting preferred.
- Knowledge of existing network management tools and emerging tools, concepts and principles;
- Ability to articulate and communicate complex technology concepts effectively in non-technical terms in a compelling manner;
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications;
- Have the ability to assist teachers and administrators to integrate educational technology into the curriculum and the instructional programs in support of student achievement;
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty regarding technology use in both oral and written form;
- Ability to effectively train faculty in technology use;
- Prior successful experience working in a school setting strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with children and the public.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds;
- Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Refrains from negative talk and gossip, is friendly and personable;
- Ability to work rapidly and accurately;
- Ability to exercise good judgement and work in an environment with constant interruptions;
- Is on time, punctual to meetings, knows how to manage a schedule, is organized.
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in Azerbaijani and close to fluently in English;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Competency with Windows computers and software, in particular Microsoft Office and Google Apps, an understanding of the Windows operating system, in particular Windows 7 and Windows 8, as well as Mac OS X operating system, in particular 10.6, 10.7 10.8;
- Competency in iOS software and iPad functionality and practical knowledge of mainstream educational software applications;
- An understanding of TCP/IP networking;
- Current knowledge of available and emerging technologies, especially as regards mobile Computing;
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: email@example.com
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by March 1st, 2018.
About European Azerbaijan School
The “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex (EAS) is a private school founded by The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS) and started in September 2011. The school offers international programs such as the International Baccalaureate (IB) but also meets all requirements for the Azerbaijani national curriculum. EAS is a member of the European Council of International Schools (ECIS), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Cambridge International Examinations and is currently in the last phase of the accreditation process with the Council of International Schools (CIS).